Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Must Look Like I Know......

I'm in Target, standing in the meat section, looking at the chicken, trying to find my favorite brand of thighs because I've been dreaming about chicken and white sauce since Saturday- no, probably last Tuesday night. Or maybe even 4th of July. Anyway, chicken and white sauce, obsessed!

I pick up the pack I want (Gold'n Plump skin-on, bone-in thighs) and this girl standing next to me in the typical college girl uniform (shorts, long sleeve shirt) asks me, "Are these chicken breasts?" She's holding a pack of boneless, skinless breasts and I point to the words and tell her very nicely that they are indeed breasts.

Then, in a moment of something totally unlike me, I tell her that I like to use thighs because basically they taste the same, are hard to overcook, and are much cheaper. I even compare the prices for her. She thanks me and we part ways.

I walked away feeling like I'd just contributed something major to society, realizing something I already knew, that I like telling people what I know. Maybe I should have been a teacher. Maybe I could become a professional grocery shopper for college kids and maybe stop them from buying so much junk in boxes. And disposable paper products. That would be a great job for someone with a degree in nutrition.

No comments: