Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fell Off The Wagon!

I tried to post everyday for a month, but didn't make it.  I ran out of steam five days ago and almost went on a self-imposed sabbatical.  Seriously, I thought about taking the month off from posting.  There hasn't been much going on in the home improvement court (until today, more on that later) and I haven't had anything funny to say write.

Ya ever have to think about something so hard you can't listen to the radio and have to drive in silence on the way to work?  Just me?

Its Wednesday and the hurricane finally stopped raining on us.  My tomatoes and brown yard send their thanks, by the way.

I put up my first batch of peas (black-eye pink-eye purple hull, apparently I've had too much pop music and not enough vegetables) last Friday night and it was the first time I used my new stove.  Check it!


Here's hoping I don't give Boots the food poisoning when we eat them.

I had three people ask me when me and Boots are going to have a baby.  Geez Louise folks, let's have some freezer burnt cake first! 

I dreamed I made peppermint candy with the Barefoot Contessa (or at least we intended to).  We went shopping at the Winn-Dixie for ingredients which were really weird- peach schnapps, Bailey's Irish Creme, and some-sort-of-something extract, but not peppermint.  After checking out, our exit was blocked by a pack of dogs fighting right in the door!  Once we got outside, Contessa grabbed a stick off a tree and rinsed her hands in the water that started flowing from the trunk because apparently they were sticky from the liquor bottles.  Weird?  Very.

Oh! And!  The point of this whole random junk post?

This!


My kitchen is on its way to becoming useable and beautiful!  I'm so excited!  I've been rippin' recipes out of magazines left. and. right!  Boots better get ready because I am fixing to bring it in the cooking department!




No comments: