Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Exhausted

These days, when I pull into the driveway after work I'm already thinking about going to bed. Lately I've been getting home pretty close to bedtime. Last week one of our main workers transferred to Maryland and we have been super busy ever since. We're all working late and on our off days, I've worked eleven days in a row and have no idea when the last time my boss took a day off. It's always like that- short on help, but lots of business.

By 8:30 I barely have brain cells left to breathe on my own much less think and you can forget about house cleaning. I've been doing the absolute bare minimum: washing clothes when we run out of towels and underwear, loading and unloading the dishwasher when there's nothing clean and no room in the sink for more. Boots has been doing the major domestic work. He's cut the grass, folded clothes, starched his work uniform, vacuumed the floor, and even scrubbed the toilet one day last week! It's really nice having someone that let's you go to bed before 9 and doesn't care that you lay around on the couch more than you used to.

I've noticed that I'm weaker than I was before too. I can't lift the things I used to with as much ease as I once could. I don't know if it's because I'm so tired or what, but it certainly doesn't make work easier. Yesterday I fell over the leg of a tent we were trying to move and nearly wiped out in the cemetery.

Last night I dreamed the baby was born as triplets, two girls and a boy. Talk about exhausted.

3 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Trust me, your energy level will come back. I was exactly the same way until probably the 5 month mark. Just don't stress over not getting things done.

It was over the Christmas season for me. I put the tree up and managed to get one strand of lights and tinsel on the tree and that's how it stayed until the New Year. I also use to have to stop on the way home from work and have a cat nap in the car. It was really quite pathetic.

Rachel said...

I'm too tired to care! But I have thought about taking a nap on the way home, haven't done it yet.

Unknown said...

Sweetie you can take all the naps you want too!!! Don't worry about the house I can handle it. You have enough to worry about now as it is. You are carrying our baby and I can step it up and help out. Just don't get use to it LOL j/k. I might not do it just like you want it done but I will get it done.

I tell ya'll what!!! it nice seeing her come home and I have done clean the house and folded the clothes she smiles from ear to ear knowing she can rest. I love the looks she gives me when I surprise her with stuff. She lights up like a lighting bug and it makes my day to she her like that.