Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

We're Takin' On Water!

Everybody knows on my call nights I stay at the funeral home, right?  I really miss Boots when I have to spend the night away from him so we usually talk on the phone as much as we can and call each other if the other one can't sleep or something.

At 1:28 AM, in the middle of a great dream, I got a phone call from Boots.  I expected him to say he couldn't sleep and wanted to talk.  Instead he said that he got up to get something to drink and stepped in two inches of water that spewed out everywhere from a water line running to the ice maker in the fridge.

He said he was going to clean it up with towels (I thought he should have used the shop vac) and we hung up and I tried to go back to sleep.

I called him back and told him not to get his silly self electrocuted from all of our appliances being in water.  We hung up again.

I called him back in a panic because I had just realized that the insurance people would have to come in our house and look at the damage and they'd see our mess.  I begged him to wash the dishes and fold up the clothes on the couch before they got that.  (Boots got kinda ill at this point, saying that I was worried about the wrong things at a time like this.) 

We hung up again, but I couldn't sleep for a while.  I was still pretty worried about the insurance lady that we're on a first name basis with coming in our house and seeing how bad I've been failing at my first year of housewifing.

I got kinda mad when I realized I had just scrubbed the floor this past weekend.  On my hands and knees.

Somewhere in the middle of going back and forth between being mad and being worried I went to sleep and didn't wake up until I got some picture messages from Boots.

Wanna see?


Our kitchen


Our hallway


The living room going to kitchen

Since then, the insurance people have came out and they've called in a clean up crew who have been busy for going on four hours ripping up all our flooring, spraying chemicals to ward of mildew, and setting up fans.  I've taken lots of pictures to show you, but I'm too tired to post right now.  I'll share tomorrow.

No comments: