Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

This is the most random blog in the world, isn't it?

  I didn't get into wearing makeup until I was almost 17.  I was in the band and sweating like a goat a lot and to me makeup was just too much work for the no maintenance kind of girl that I was.  Am.

  "She's high maintenance of the worst kind, she thinks she's low maintenance."


  But one day, for whatever reason, I decided I wanted to start fixing myself up so my mother took me to the store (remember that?) and we picked out my colors.  A couple of eyeshadows later and I was in business (Oh, that sounds terrible!) wearing makeup.  I still have that same makeup bag that I bought that day.  One thing I don't have that I did have, up until yesterday morning, was the the blush that we'd bought.  Iced Cappuccino. 

  The same blush for six years?  Get out of town!  No, really, it was the very same one.  For a while, I'd say 5.5 of those 6 years I was scared to use it.  Terrified of making myself into a clown I pushed it to the back until I finally figured out less is more literally.

  Yesterday morning I dropped the little plastic box and it shattered into a million pink dusty pieces on the floor.      So now I have to buy a new one.

  I'm thinking Vintage Peach.  It's close to the same color, but nowhere near the price tag.  I'm thinking quality this time.  The price is definitely a drawback, but I have Christmas money plus I've been thinking about replacing my stuff with better stuff and now is a good time to start.


2 comments:

Brenda said...

I've really gotten into makeup on the last year or so myself. Better quality make up makes a huge difference! My favorite blush is by benefit ( www.benefitcosmetics.com ) I use the one called SugarBomb. I like how it's different colors that swirl together to make the perfect color. They also sell it at Ulta so you can physically play with the colors. Good Luck with it :)

Rachel said...

Now this is news I can use! Thanks, Brenda!