Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Last Look

I hope these are the last few days our kitchen and bathroom look like this.

We (Boots mostly) have spent the last week getting our mojo back to attack the rest of fixing up this house and making numerous trips to Lowe's to buy supplies and things we'll need.

Boots has been painting, changing electric plugs and light switches out, wiring up new lights, hammering and nailing boards in the attic, stressing and scheming about how we're going to do this and that. He's a train- takes him a while to get rolling but, then he's hard to stop.

Monday, we'll (Boots, my uncle, and me) start laying the tile in the kitchen and bathroom.

At the end of the week, after the dust clears, I'll share "after" pictures. These are the "befores." I've found that we get more work done when I'm not trying to take pictures of every little step to document the process.



After walking on concrete for nearly a year and a half I'll be glad to have a real floor.



Please note that I did not clean any before taking these pictures. I wanted to preserve the horribleness that is the bathroom.







(Someone needs to learn how to white-balance their camera!)


Goodbye towel bar that we never use!


So long swag lights!

(Anybody want these? They're nice but, got to go!)



Here's to you getting replaced!






See ya, scraps of old linoleum!



Au revoir, blue toilet!



Can't wait to see you after your makeover!



We're planning to replace this blue tile with some other tile but, we haven't picked it out. That will probably be our next project.







2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my! Been there done that...and at the time was pregnant with our first, too! Something about having a baby that get's my man moving. With Noah, it was a new kitchen...with Natalie, it was a new bathroom. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Misery loves company! Glad I'm not the only one!