Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Week 24


It's been cloudy today so I thought I would try something new.  Perhaps it wasn't cloudy enough or maybe I should have found some shade because he's pretty squinty in most of the pictures I took.


A little visit from Frank.


No sudden movements!



Boots went with me to take Mayhem to his 6 months doctor's appointment on Friday.  Little boy weighed 15 pounds, 13 ounces and was 25.5 inches long.  What a chunk of lead!  He's gained ten pounds since birth and grown 7.5 inches longer.  He only cried about 30 seconds when the nurse gave him the shots and the doctor said that he's doing great.  (Doctor's appointments appeal to my competitive side and I always feel like a personal accomplishment when they say he's doing good.)  

The doctor said to teach him to drink water out of a sippy cup with a hard spout (that's the only one I have) and he's really taking to it.  He opens his mouth and leans in when I hold the cup up and ask, "Do you want some water?"  He does tend to dribble most of it down his shirt still because apparently swallowing with your mouth shut is quite an art.  

I'm supposed to start brushing his gums with a wash cloth or a baby toothbrush to get him used to brushing his teeth.  So far that hasn't been a problem because he likes chomping on whatever he can get in his mouth right now.  He must be teething.

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

He's just too darn cute and I can't believe how much he's grown.

Rachel said...

I know! It's hard to believe how little he used to be!