Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Goal

"Boots, do you make New Years Resolutions?"

"No."

"Never?"

"Well, the only one I made that I ever really stuck to was when I quit smoking for eight months."

Do you make New Years Resolutions?
I usually do.
When I was younger I made long lists and then as I grew up I just picked a few.
Last year I picked a word: "forgiveness," and I think I did pretty good working on that.
I feel like as a word, I accomplished that.

This year I have a word again.
Slash a diagram.
Sorta.

The word of the year for me in the year 2011 is: heart.
(Here comes the diagram thingy.)

Heart
/          \
Physical     Emotional
/           \               /              \
Food    Exercise     Food     Exercise  

Heart-Physical-Food: This year I want to eat better.  Less fried food, more veggies.
Heart-Physical-Exercise:  This year I want to exercise to build heart muscle and stave off heart diseases.
Heart-Emotional-Food: This year I want to read my Bible more.  Last year I started off pretty good but went downhill quickly.
Heart-Emotional-Exercise:  This year I want to practice kindness more.  This is probably the hardest one.

This is my New Years' Resolution/Word of the Year.
A year from now I hope I can say that I accomplished what I set out to do.


1 comment:

Marnie said...

Happy 2011 Rachel.

I think you'll meet your goal. Heart is a positive word. Positive intentions bring on positive results. xo