Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Hello, My Name is Rachel......

......and I'm a worrier.

Since our house has been wrecked this past week, I've been topsy-turvy, upside down, roller-coaster, wide-open, can't stop, wiped-out, exhausted, crazy.  That's me in a nutshell.  In fact, when the nice man came Friday morning to take the fans out of our house he asked me how I was and I said, "Going back and forth between worried and excited."

I do not like having my house this way.  I don't have a clue! where anything is, the kitchen consists of a refridgerator and a toaster, I got down to one pair of drawers the other night, and let's not think about what happened when we ran out of clean towels.  The dogs have to stay outside because of the nails and paint and general crap everywhere that they might try to eat.  (Not real crap, construction crap.)  The cat walks on my head at night and makes me crazy in my sleep.  I'm falling apart and I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts (donuts sound good!) that Boots is ready to finish me off.  Me crazy = Boots crazy because of me.

I stand around on a concrete slab and look at the freshly primed walls (smells better already!) and think about all the great ideas in my head about what I'd like for us to do with our house and I see the mess and think, "Where do I start?"

Where do I start?  They don't make "Remodeling From Nothing! for Dummies."  I know, I looked on all the book racks at Home Depot.  Where do I start?

The floor.  Start with the floor. 

Ok.  There was carpet here, linoleum there.  It all was/looked a hundred years old, but its gone and we gotta have new stuff, but what to put now?  Why don't they make quizzes for this type of problem.

Do you have a dog? 
Do you have a messy husband?
Are you planning on having kids someday?
Are you afraid of going through this again if Heaven forbid! you have another water leak?
Do you want the look of something nice without such a nice price?
Are you trying to cut corners by installing this junk yourself and still be able to afford extra when you mess something up since you don't know what you're doing?
Then such-and-such flooring is for you!!!!

Oh, my head.  This is too much to think about.

Tell ya what-- you pick for me.  If you have ever been in my house before or even if you haven't, you've only seen it through pictures, put me out of my misery (or at least help!) and leave a helpful comment on what you'd pick if it was you.  If you were me.

Or just tell me to shut up.

If you're still reading, thanks.  Sometimes you gotta rant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PICK WHAT YOU LIKE. GO WITH SIMILAR,
BUT WHAT YOU LIKE, NOT WHAT THE PERSON
IN THE STORE SAYS. ALSO BE AWARE OF WHAT
YOU WANT TO SPEND.
IT WILL ALL WORK OUT...
TRISHER

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Spend a reasonable amount and don't go broke because guaranteed you'll get sick of what's there before it wears out. I recommend laminate flooring - it looks good and will last is easy to install but won't break you or your will to live.