Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 37


I keep telling myself that one day he is going to smile when I point a camera at him instead of giving me  this blank stare I've been getting the past few weeks.


Yesterday I took Mayhem to his 9 month appointment.  Technically he's only 8.5 months old by the calendar, but if you count every 4 weeks as a month he is 9 months old.  Everything was fine- check the ears, listen to his heart, ask how he was eating, give him his second flu shot, blah blah blah.  

But the big event, and definitely my favorite, the weigh in!  I was slightly disappointed in my weight-guessing abilities though.  I was going for 21-22 pounds, but the mighty Mayhem weighs a whopping 19 pounds, 15 ounces.  I won't be winning any prizes this time.  I should probably start shopping for a bigger car seat, too, because it only goes up to 30 inches and he's 28 inches long now.  That's 10" growth since birth!  Wow!


My aunt painted me this chair a long, long time ago and now it's just hanging out waiting for Mayhem to grow into it.  I figure I've got a few years until he can read and I have to decide whether or not to paint his name over mine.


No comments: