Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I took Mayhem to the doctor today for his two month check up and shots. 

He weighs 8 pounds, 12 ounces (2.5 pounds more than six weeks ago and 2 ounces shy of 3 pounds more than birth) and was 21 inches long (2 inches more than six weeks ago and 3 inches more than birth.) 

The doctor explained how the percentile system works and if there's a hundred kids his age lined up by weight and height he's dead last both times.  He's the runt, but his doctor isn't concerned.  She said not to compare him to his 13 pound friends because he was born two weeks early and was little when he got here. 

She said to keep feeding him every three hours like I've been and come back in a month so we can weigh him again and see how the baby beefification (I made that up) is going.

As for the shots…… it wasn't that bad, but I wasn't the one getting them. 

They gave him a dose of something orally (I forgot what she said it was) and his eyes got so big.  She said it was sweet tasting and I think he liked it. 

The actual shot part- he cried as soon as she stuck him.  And, man, she really stuck him.  Three times, right in those little thighs.  I didn't cry though, and he didn't cry for long which I didn't expect.

His doctor said give him children's Tylenol so I talked to my pharmacist friend and picked out the cherry flavor.  He liked that too.

He's had some good naps today so I hope he sleeps good tonight and doesn't feel bad tomorrow.

She said he's normal and doing fine, which is what you always want to hear, right?

I really like his doctor and I'm sad she's moving.  She always looks me in the eyes when she's explaining something in a way that makes me feel like crying.  I hope I like her replacement just as much.

No comments: