Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Because They're the Devil to Make!!

This past week I've been wishing for deviled eggs.
I took it upon myself to learn how to make this delectable Southern Baptist staple today.
Here are lots of really bad pictures of my cooking experiment first time making deviled eggs.

Start with a dozen eggs in a pot.


Add water and boil the heck out of them.


Question: Why do the butts of eggs bubble?


Boil violently!


Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool for about twenty minutes.




Rinse with cold water.

Crack and peel.
(There's no picture here because it is impossible to crack eggs with two hands and take pictures of the process with two hands, short of having an arm transplantwhatever.


Be gentle!


Some of them look better than others.


Slice and take out the yolks.




Smash 'em up!


Salt


Pepper


Mustard


Vinegar (can't see that), pickles (supposed to use sweet, I used dill)


Stir together

Pour in a bag (again, only two arms!), pipe into egg halfs



Admire work


Realize you forgot paprika




Have small scuffle with Boots about being a taste-tester because apparently he thinks you're going to poison hiim with something you plan to eat yourself.


Finally convince him they're safe for human consumption.


Admire whiskery face.

The End!

I got my recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website.


No comments: