Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Just an Ordinary Meal

After a full day of food blogging yesterday, (cook, take pictures, post-- very time consuming) all I wanted to do last night was relax.

So I cooked supper for my mama and Boots.

I made spicy noodles with pork cutlets.
Sorry, no pictures.

I won't call it a success but, I won't call it a flop.
It just was.

The noodles weren't spicy.
I couldn't find the red jalapeƱo the recipe called for so it went without.
I misread my grocery list and only bought one can of chicken broth instead of two so I used water.
The pork cutlets were great- seasoned with Kosher salt (how ironic!) and black pepper, coated in flour, dipped in egg, covered with panko, and fried in a skillet.
The noodles surely won't happen again (do you know how hard it is to find udon noodles?) but, I'll definitely cook pork like that again.

If anyone wonders why I'm posting before five o'clock in the morning it's because today I'm putting up three tents and a sound system in the name of community relations for the funeral home at a charity walk for kids with disabilities.
If you know what I'm talking about and you get bored today, come see me!

No comments: