Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Goodnight Baby

Tonight we pitched a royal fit for our supper before bedtime way earlier than usual.  And by "we" I mean Mayhem.

After supper and 'jammies I swaddled him in two blankets and held him for a few minutes while he relaxed.  Now I'm leaning over his crib, thumping his chest in the slowest tick-tock rhythm possible with my right hand while trying to type this post left-thumbed as I wait for him to fall asleep.  My back is killing me.  Why aren't these beds taller so you can stand straight and do this?

Teaching him to fall asleep on his own is turning out to be easier than I expected though.  I'm so glad I'm learning how to do this now rather than wait for a problem to grow.  Of course, I know I can't plan for everything even though Boots will tell you I'll try.  I'm just hoping to get a few things right to help against the wrong ones.

No comments: