Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thinking Back

I'm in full-on remembrance mode this week.  I've got it bad, ya'll. 

I keep thinking about how it's been a year since I've embalmed yesterday, I took a pregnancy test a year ago today and told Boots I was pregnant a year ago tomorrow. 

Soon I'll be thinking about how my baby was born a year ago.  Wah!!!  My little baby......gosh I love him!

So, a year ago today I took off work as my belated 4th of July holiday day.  I went shopping with my aunt and cousin then met Boots at friends' house for supper.  While we were shopping my boss called and told me about my partner transferring to another state so I had lots of thoughts in my head about taking care of the prep room by myself.

After me asking some questions, she'd convinced me to buy and take a test while her husband was out distracting Boots.  I was sure I wasn't and didn't want to get his hopes up unnecessarily.  We'd been dreaming about babies for 9 months and what do you know, two little lines made the two of us three!

My friend, her husband and I passed little smiles at each other all night and Boots never noticed.

I didn't sleep at all that night.  Not a wink.  I tossed all night because I couldn't wait to tell Boots the next morning.

Just to be sure, after i woke up I took another test.  I was still in shock that it was real.

Before Boots left for work, I propped him up on the wall like I was posing him for a picture.  He was slightly annoyed because he was still sleepy and not in the mood for a photoshoot.

I'll never forget the look on his face when I told him I was taking his picture so I could remember what he looked like when I told him I was pregnant.  He hugged me tighter than ever and we both cried.

Then I went to work and told my boss that "I got a new job too, can you believe they're going to let me be somebody's mama?"

Some things you can't forget soon enough and others you want to remember forever.

No comments: