Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Forrest

Friday night Boots said, "Get in the truck,"


with guns and a Crown bag full of shells,


and an empty cooler we were going to fill up.


We took a little trip and spent the night away from home,



and got up, I swear, before the crack of dawn



to hang out in the woods huntin' some animals.


I froze off my toes


and the Bootshunter waited on does.



He got a little bored and made me a hat

and melted me away when I asked him to sit down behind me and

he said, "You lean up against me and I'll lean up on you that

way we don't have to sleep with our heads in the mud."

I always wanted a man that'd quote movie lines to me.



Then he thought he heard something and all games were over with,




but an empty road and the bright sunlight was all we saw.

The End.

No comments: