Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Magic Place

Is it just me, or does everyone have a magic place?

"The Magic Place" is self-defined.
Sometimes, when the songs are just right (I'm talking about the ones I know by heart and can sing half-way on key) my Magic Place is church.
I know you're supposed to sing like you're the greatest singer in the world on every song every time, but I just don't get that special feeling when it's a song I don't know or particularly love.

The Magic Place is also a feeling.
I feel relieved and uplifted.
I am carefree, worry free, and just free.

Sometimes, my Magic Place is at church when conditions are right, but I know I can always find it at Publix.
I don't know what it is about that store, but I feel myself transformed from this tired girl into a hopeful voyager when I'm walking down every aisle, looking at everything, completely at peace with my world.

I know this is probably the strangest post you've read all year, but I just had to share.

No comments: