Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Door Makeover Day 2

After I worked my magic on the door hardware, I started tackling the door himself herself itself. Basically, I started painting.


Start with one (1) door.
Remove hardware. Check!


And sand!


Sand vigorously! I mean really sand the heck out of that old splintery, unloved, nasty, boogery door!

My apologies, sanding gets me all worked up for lost causes.



Oh, let me introduce you to our bedroom's closet shelf. Welcome to the paint party!


More sanding, ay yi yi!


Previous paint splotchies.


Is that dirt or is it something growing? Let's pretend it's just dirt.


Check out this paint bucket. It has a magnet for holding your paint brush up out of the paint. Pretty nifty, huh?


This is a comparison of new (right side) versus old (left side).


This bug dive-bombed himself herself itself into my fresh paint.


4 out of 6 legs ain't bad, right? (Unless you're the bug!) Plus, a smudge!


Somewhat streaky, in need of a second coat.


Bubble wrap for protection.

And that's how you paint a door. Layer after layer after hand-cramping layer, et cetera ad nauseum.

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

You are a better person than I am. I would of bid that door farewell and went to Home Depot and bought a new one.

Rachel said...

I'm too cheap!